Thursday, February 25, 2010

Taylor's Dresser

*Taylor's Dresser Drawer*

Taylor, my daughter who is just turning 15, has decided that she needs a more grown up space. The lavender and white bedroom just isn't cutting it anymore. Her new "thing" is Anthropologie, so she wants her room to be decorated in that style. If you don't know about Anthropologie, you HAVE to visit anthropologie.com. It's a fantastic store. I could (and sometimes do...shhhhh!) spend tons of time just wandering around in there. The only issue is that Anthro is pretty expensive. Ok, it's *really* expensive. My new quest is recreating Anthro on a reasonable budget. "Hello again, Mod Podge!"

I found this awesome retro scrapbook paper at Michael's and just knew that it would be great on her white Bombay Kids dresser. I think that it really transforms the style. My buddy and faux painting expert Laura gave me a bottle of magic stuff that antiques anything that it touches. You just wipe it on with an old t-shirt. I seriously have no idea what is in the bottle, but I love this stuff. I think that I may have permanent brain damage from the fumes, though.

After completing the dresser, I decided to look the paper designer (Anna Griffin) up on the internet. Voila! Matching fabric. This will make a fantastic duvet cover. I purchased enough for one side of the duvet and some pillows. Now I'm hunting for the perfect backing fabric.

I don't have any great photos of the entire dresser yet, but will post them when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment