Monday, February 22, 2010

Finished Projects



*Botanica Medallion Cardi*

Today, I finally took the time to photograph a few of my finished knitting projects. I have a great Nikon digital camera, but I haven't figured out how to use the manual settings to get the effects that I want. I did my best, though! This one is from the cover of Vogue Knitting and it's called the Botanica Medallion Cardi. It was a very time-consuming project, but the end product is beautiful! The pattern was designed by Shiri Mor and it's a fabulous design. The center medallion is knit in a circle from the center out and then a strip is knit and attached (except for the armholes) around the edges of the medallion. I decided to substitute Tahki Stacy Charles Cotton Classic in color 3747 Dark Burgundy for the required yarn and I think it was a great choice.

Here's the original photo. I hope that it's ok for me to post it here!


No comments:

Post a Comment