Monday, February 7, 2011

Gossamer Smocked Tunic Pattern!


Link to Interweave Knits Spring 2011 Preview

It's almost here!  The preview for Interweave Knits Spring 2011 is up and available for your viewing pleasure.  The magazine will be on bookshelves soon.  I really enjoyed writing this pattern and knitting the Gossamer Smocked Tunic.  I knit this sweater in Mexico while on vacation this summer.  (See below for proof!)
Gossamer is knit with Shibui Silk Cloud; a beautiful combination of mohair and silk.  If you have never knit with Shibui yarns, you should really check them out.  The Baby Alpaca is also wonderful.

I would pair this sweater with skinny jeans, boots or sandals, and a glass of champagne.  (In fact, maybe I will!)

I would love to hear what you think of Gossamer and post your photos on my blog.  Click here if you would like to send me an email!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly, I'm just about finished knitting the gossamer smocked tunic (only one back strap left to go), and I wanted to tell you that I have absolutely loved knitting it... my favorite project ever! I hope that you will design more clothing using fuzzy lace weight yarn! The effect is so lovely, it makes me never want to use anything else! I should have photos up on ravelry in the next few days, my name there is hannahlou88.

    PS Why doesn't ravelry have a featured photo for the pattern? I bet more people would be knitting it if they could easily see what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hannahlou88! I'm so glad that you like the pattern. It was really fun to design and knit. I'd love to see a photo when you are finished. You can email me directly at sgerber@san.rr.com. Thanks so much for your comment! -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. KnamasteKnitter would you send me a patter for that pattern, please? It would make a great blanket design also I think.

    ReplyDelete