Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to School


Well, it's that time again.  The lazy days of summer are gone.  Back to the early mornings, massive doses of homework, soccer practices, and cooler weather.  The good news is that it's going to be easier to keep up a regular yoga schedule.  In theory, anyway.

I'm working religiously on my current project for Interweave Knits.  I'm so excited that my design for Interweave Knits Gifts should be out soon.  It's a November publication, but that means that it will show up in the bookstores earlier than that, right?  I can wait to see what they did with the photos.  It's an incredibly fun project to knit and I can't wait to hear what other knitters think of it.  It's my first published pattern.

Taylor (my 15-year-old daughter) and I are working on hats for a group of 46 moms that are shaving their heads in LA on September 7th.  The moms are raising awareness and money for childhood cancer research.  This is National Childhood Cancer Awareness month.  If you're interested in checking out Taylor's chemo cap donation site, go to http://tete-a-tete-hats.blogspot.com/.  Her site also lists the 46 Mamas Shave for the Brave information.  We are very excited that Ronda's Closet, an amazing boutique in our area, is going to be holding a fundraiser for Tête-á-Tête Hats in late September.  More info coming soon regarding the date/time in case you would like to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment